Saturday 12 October 2013

Tequila or Lemonade? What to do when life gives you lemons.

So today I'm doing some blog jacking and I'm also trying something new. Blog jacking in the sense that the post you're about to read was actually written by me almost a year ago now and whilst I've edited it a bit, it's still largely the same. The 'something new' part has to do with the fact that I feel like it's been a while since I truly blogged, I'm usually talking about food or hair or holiday and whilst I love all those things I think it defeats the point of my blog if I never have any posts on here about my thoughts and opinions. Lilac tinted views is about my views after all, the way that I see things in the world. So in this post, there are no pictures... None. Weird right? Haha. I hope I still manage to engage you till the end. Here goes...

Today has definitely established itself as a duvet day in my books, it’s 2.30 on a Saturday afternoon and I’m still in bed, I’m starving but have neither the strength nor the will to get up and make myself something to eat. I just want to lay here all day and watch episode after episode of crappy TV show. Then I started thinking about how I have exams and really want to do well and why I even chose this masters programme and wondering what plans God has for me. I can only pray I’m on the right track. Then for some reason my mind wondered to the theme of unrequited love. Random you might think but it really isn’t so random. For instance, the love I have for chemical engineering is infinite even though it constantly makes me lose sleep, get stressed out and sometimes makes me borderline depressed! I would also love to work for an international oil company so I shall keep applying until someone says YES!

Anyways my mind quickly left the thoughts of chem eng and I started thinking of unrequited love in more of the ‘usual’ sense of the phrase. Take for example this relationship. This guy Seye has pretty much been in love with some girl Tami for the better part of his university career. He openly displays his affection for her through every possible avenue, he’s always there for her in times of need, and heck to all their friends; the two are basically together. Just one little problem. They’re not. Tami likes him, she thinks he’s kind and sweet and generous but as she’s been telling him since they met, she’s just not ready for a relationship and would rather focus on school at the moment. Also, she’s not ready to be tied down to just one person at the tender age of 20. She knows that Seye likes her and exploits it to her benefit a lot of the time. Don’t get me wrong Tami is not some evil bitch queen; it’s just human nature to satisfy your own needs first. So that’s how their relationship has been for the last few years, Tami taking what she needs and sometimes giving back in return and Seye constantly giving and loving and caring. Until one day after the long summer break, he finds out that Tami has a boyfriend! Now all that talk about wanting to focus on school and not being ready can be seen for the bullshit it really was. I just didn’t want to call her out before. Naturally Seye is heartbroken and depressed and gets nicknamed lonely boy.


I don’t know how many people can actually relate to what I’m saying. It is not easy to be in a position where the person you love doesn’t love you back. Rejection in life is always difficult but what doesn’t kill you will only make you stronger. The worst thing you can do after such an experience is become a bitter old hag and wallow in self-pity for the rest of your life (Think Miss Havisham from Great Expectations). Obviously this applies to much more than just personal relationships, everyone needs to know their own worth and realise that rejections are just a part of life. We all need to find our ‘selling point’ and not get overly frustrated when things don’t go our way. Yes it may hurt so deep down inside that we feel like we are breaking from the inside out but life goes on and allowing yourself to be sucked by darkness is not only unhealthy, but also life threatening. You are the only person who controls your happiness, so get up and start living! Make yourself the best possible version of you there can ever be so that when the opportunity does come your way, and it will, you are ready for it.

Anyways I kind of went of on a tangent there, which I apparently do a lot. My point is, when life throws you lemons. Make lemonade, and not the basic kind and some sugar to it! Even make it fizzy if you can! Or grab some salt and some tequila and have a Mexican themed par-tay! Whatever floats your boat, just find a way to turn it into something worth your while. At least that’s what I’m going to be trying to do while I start my next wave of job applications! I’m getting ready to be the best version of me I’ve ever been, you should be too.
I really couldn't resist including a picture!


Or you could be a total alcoholic... Just make good use of the darn lemons! Haha
Have a great weekend guys,
Reni.

On a completely unrelated note, it's so weird in life to think of how things have changed so much and how they also remain the same. Random. I'm still trying to be the best version of me out there but I no longer feel completely lost in life's maze.

1 comment:

  1. Ooer! I like the theme of this post :) when life gives me lemons, I will be make cups of hot water with some lemon juice in my Eeyore mug as it is quite cold these days :D
    As always- i love your posts...whether it has pictures or not lol

    ReplyDelete

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...