Wednesday 30 January 2013

Insanityyyyyyy!: Dig Deeper!


I decided to work out more! Haha, I'm sure most of us did at the beginning of the year! You see the thing is, for the longest time I used to think I wanted to lose weight but I was never committed enough to any form of diet to really see any results! In fact, I had negative results! The worst! I blame that on the stresses and pressure that a final year student endures. Anyways, so I realised I don’t want to lose weight! Well, only a little bit! But not in the typical sense of the saying, I no longer have the desire to be super skinny, what I DO want is to have one of those super curvaceous but ridiculously toned bodies. So bye bye Kelly Row and hello Kaylin Garcia!

I still love her body!

Kaylin Garcia aka Young Ratchet!
I mean seriously, does this girl have an ounce of fat on her body?? My goodness!  Her body is the truth! Lmao.

I always complain to my bf about how I go to the gym tirelessly and never see results so over Christmas when he told me he has a new 2 month workout plan for me that would change my life (He knows how to get me gingered! lol) I was excited! On the 10th of January I found out the workout plan was INSANITY! Eeeeek, lol! I should have said no then and there but no, I saw it as a challenge and decided to go for it! Starting that very day!

For those of you who don’t know “Insanity” is a series of workout DVD’s by fitness trainer and expert, Shaun T. And might I say that it is titled quite aptly! I’m halfway through my third week now and it’s ridiculous! But I love it! I can feel myself getting fitter no joke! A little bit about Insanity, it’s a 6 day a week program, 45 minutes or so everyday. Each workout has a warm up and two stretches (1 in the beginning and 1 to cool down) and the rest of the time is spent doing max interval training, basically 3 minutes or so of high intensity work out then 30 seconds to rest and grab water. I’m to shy to put up my height and weight here! Maybe when I do my official weigh in at the end of month 1 I’d do a before and after type thing!

My only qualm, which probably only relates to me is that I’m a bit bored. There are 14 videos in total, but after almost 3 weeks I’ve only covered 6 or so, that’s a lot of repetition! Not like they are getting so much easier or anything but hey… I feel like a change! My favourite thing about it is the Fit Test, which you have to do at the beginning of the plan and then at approximately 2-week intervals. You do a set of exercises for a minute each and try and do as many as you can in that minute. It’s such good motivation because you always want to push and beat your last Fit Test score, that’s what keeps me going every day! I’ve decided to keep pushing through and as Shaun T would say “Dig deeper!”

These are the results from my first two Fit Tests:

Move
Fit Test 1
Fit Test 2
1. Switch Kicks
52
94
2. Power Jacks
31
38
3. Power Knees
45
78
4. Power Jumps
7
17
5. Globe Jumps
5
6
6. Suicide Jumps
9
9
7. Push-Up Jacks
8
14
8. Low Plank Oblique
29
24

Improvement right?!?! I was so chuffed! Also I might add, I can’t do push up jacks! LOL. I just do lady push-ups instead; I’m working my way up. Well that’s it for now! Let me know if I missed out anything or if you want any more details! Also I’m looking for a workout buddy! Comment if you’re interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Seen These Yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...